Arsène Wenger is Famous for the Quotes he puts out , and more infamously with his fued with Jose Mourinho, but more recently, he's been giving us a glimpse of his intellect with these great quotes throughout 2015.
Below are a cluster of quotes that'll leave you wondering whether he should be a Professor or a Coach?
- With His Anxiety and his relationship with time: “Going back in time, looking back is just as scary. […] there’s not as much to come as what has already been lived… The only way to fight time is to not look back too much. If you do, it can make you feel anxious and guilty.” 1
- When it was claimed that he is an Aristocrat and an Educator: “Aristocrats had their heads cut off in France. I strive to pass on values. Not the right of blood. A civilisation that does not honour its dead or its values is doomed.”
- Whether he should develop future talent vs winning now:
“I don’t want the will to educate to be opposed to the will to win. That makes the educator sound like an idiot. Any manager’s approach must be to educate.”
- Regarding his Expectations:
“The philosophical definition of happiness is a match between what you want and what you have. And what you want changes as soon as you’ve got it. Always more. Always better.”
- When asked about Art, Beauty, and Football:
“I chose a team sport. There is a kind of magic when men unite their energies to express a common idea. That is when sport becomes beautiful. The unhappiness of man comes when he finds himself alone to fight against the problems he must face.”